The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Yum!

Today I'm supposed to write about a favorite childhood meal. One that said "Celebration" to me. I really don't remember too many meals from my childhood--weird, I know. My mom worked full time while I was growing up though, and she didn't really enjoy cooking. If memory serves me right, I loved her fried chicken, and I don't really like too many people's. I always love the skin.(I'm just health conscious that way), but I can't stand it if I bite into it and the chicken is not COMPLETELY done inside. That's not something I can tell by looking at it before I bite, so I usually just pass. I also liked it when my mom made a pot of white beans with ham. I cannot however, think of any meal that said "celebration" to me.
This does remind me of kind of a funny thing though. My mom's sandwiches. Yes---her sandwiches. It's not just me, cause my brothers will tell you the same thing. We loved it when she made us a sandwich. She would tell us--"It's a sandwich. Just make yourself one" and we would tell her that they just weren't the same as when she made them. Now I know many of you are probably thinking that we just didn't want to make the sandwich ourselves, and we probably didn't, but hers really were better. One thing I remember about them is that she cut the lettuce. Kind of slicing some off on a cross grain if that make sense. She didn't just peel off a leaf and lay it on. They were wonderful! I know it's crazy, but they were.
I miss my mom. I would sure love to sit down at her kitchen table and share a sandwich and chips with her. Now that would to me would feel like a celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment