The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Loss

Today I'm to write about loss and I have experienced plenty. It's hard, so hard to lose people and things that you love. If I'm to choose the one that was the hardest for me, it would be the loss of my mom. She was taken from this world so early. Both my parents were. My father died at age 45 and my mom at 56. My mom was my very best friend. She's been gone for nearly 30years and I still miss her presence in my life daily. I wish I could at least call her for a chat and some advice. Breast cancer---That's what took her from me. Cancer is an ugly word and ugly disease. In a way, it took her from us long before she died. She was sick and getting sicker for a long time. To make matters worse, she lived in Texas, which meant that I didn't get to spend enough time with her. I don't know why God chose to call her home so soon, but I know that I will one day when I see it all from His point of view. 
We did counted cross stitch together.  Papercrafting hadn't yet taken hold of us at the time.We would have had a blast doing it together. I love imagining us cutting, pasting and creating together. I wonder if we can scrapbook in heaven? What a scrapbook room that would be!
I'm not going to make this a long post--Not going to say much more, because it will get me chocked up. She was a special lady and I wish I had her here with me.

I love you Mom. Save me the mansion right next door to you! What fun we're going to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment