The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Monday, September 15, 2014


Well ladies--I haven't posted in a while but I have an excellent excuse. Actually excuSES. I left Friday morning to go on a camping trip with my church. I will show here the only picture I have of my adventure there. The very first night as I headed to my tent for the night I had a very bad fall. Laid myself out flat on my face. My nose was gushing blood and I also have other injuries. You will now note the glorious photo of my very first shiner. It's a doosy!
After I was doctored up as well as possible with a first aid kit I've kept in my car for years, I headed to bed hoping to snuggle up in my sleeping bag on top of my soft comfy air mattress. Very shortly thereafter my air mattress deflated and I found myself directly on the hard ground. I tried to blow it back up again with my fingers crossed that it would stay that way, only to find that my batteries were dead. Upshot---I "slept" the entire night on the ground with a nice big rock adding to my comfort, and the offending mattress is now in the campground garbage. When morning finally came I decided it was time to head home.
Once I made it there it was time for a pain pill and then I spent the rest of the day and night curled up on my couch sleeping as much as possible. 
 Then---First thing Sunday morning I get a text from Megan that they are heading to church, but she thinks baby is on his way soon. Well, that got me up off that couch and into high gear! I packed my bags and loaded my car waiting for the call. Just like with Landon, she pushed it as far as she could. They were to attend the wedding of one of Mike's brothers that afternoon and she was supposed to be the photographer. She did make it through the wedding, but not the reception. I got the call that I'd better come quickly. I rushed right over to be with Landon and they headed to the hospital. Tracy took mercy on me and came to stay with Landon for a while that night so that I could go to the hospital. I arrived moments before my newest grandson made his entrance into the world. Everything went super fast after a point. No time even for the epidural, so I watched for the second time as my daughter gave birth to my grand child,  this time totally naturally. So finally I will share a few pics of all of us happy folks. I think you'll agree that my Megan looks not only happy, but beautiful. Who looks that good after just going through labor and natural childbirth? My beautiful daughter, that's who! She hadn't even gotten out of bed or even run a comb through her hair at this point. Oh to be young and pretty again!


 Well, there you have it. All of my excuses and good news..I'm so thrill to be a grandma to another of God's perfect little miracles.


Now, one last thing. I can't pass up sharing these photos of Landon all strapped up and ready to climb at the rock climbing wall where Matilda's birthday was held.
Adorable! I'm the luckiest grandma of all!












No comments:

Post a Comment