The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Today it's my job to write about the place I lived when I was twelve.

That would be a house in Downey, Californina. I can't say that my memories of living here are the best. As I've written in the past, the house we lived in before this in Pico Rivera was the one I loved. I'm not sure what, but something about that move was traumatic for me. I had to go to a new school. I became horribly shy and my grades went way down.
The house in Downey had three bedrooms, so I was given my own room when we moved there instead of sharing with my two brothers. That was nice I guess. I don't remember being bothered by sharing, and as i got older, I wish we had added a room where we were instead of moving. It was also a neighborhood with lots of kids. It was in a large neighborhood that was located in between a drainage ditch on either side, so it was called The Island. The streets on one side dead ended at the drainage ditch and our house on Allengrove was at that end of our street. That meant that the kids were always playing where we were.


This is where we lived when my folks split up. My mom moved out and I eventually joined her. Even though we shared one bedroom, those were times that I remember very fondly. My mom was like a different person and we became the best of friends. I wish we could have stayed there like that until it was time for me to start a separate life of my  own. She was dating and as it turned out we moved into a two bedroom when they began making plans to get married. Once that was to happen, I no longer felt comfortable living in the home and moved out on my own for the first time. That happened earlier than was good for me I think. I'd have been better off living with my mom for quite a bit longer, but that wasn't to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment