The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Radar

Today's prompt is to write about our inner radar judging situations and other people's emotions. The question brings three situations where my reactions surprised even me. In all three cases I found myself reacting to an inner push. The most recent just happened last Sunday. We had a couple of visitors to our service and the pot luck dinner beforehand from one of the apartments across the street and they had been drinking. After worship, one fellow got up in front of the congregation and began to share. He told us that he was not a Christian, but shared loudly about the feeling of family and love for each other that he witnessed by spending  time around us. I'm tellin you the guy would be quite a preacher. I had slipped out after singing to check on the kids and when I walked back in at the back, he was really on a roll and wasn't looking like he was ready to stop. Monica was up there trying to find a spot to slip in and get to her sermon. I suddenly found myself walking up the center aisle. I took his hand and asked him to come and sit with me and the situation was diffused. I'm hoping they will both come back (sober this time) and bring their questions, needs and searches so we will be able to lead them to the One they can count on as an answer to it all. We have a very eclectic group of people in our congregation and I think it is a good example of accepting people as they are and loving them as Christ would . Many people would turn their backs on some of the people we welcome. We say we're a band of misfits. Jesus wants to reach them and so should we.
I have always been very sensitive to other people's feelings. Things that others may not notice. A book I read described me perfectly and called someone like me as hyper-vigilant.. I often find myself wanting to adjust situations to accommodate everyone. I'm afraid I'm quite the people pleaser. Always tryin to make sure everybody's happy.

Boy--These prompts are really making me look inside myself. In addition to learning some writing tips I seem to also be developing a personal journal. Wonder if I'm going to have some assignments that just require light, fluffy, short answers? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment