The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Nice to Meet You

Well, the weekend's over and my first writing challenge of the new week has already arrived in my email box. I am challenged to write about someone I have met recently--someone who recently entered my life.
Two things come to mind. The first is the tiny new little boy that just made his appearance one week ago. I was blessed with the privilege of watching my daughter give birth for the second time. Childbirth is to me an incredible miracle, and  to watch my daughter give birth to my grandson's was absolutely the best. It was like watching a miracle happen right before my eyes. I feel incredibly honored to have been given the privilege. Levi Hudson Ortega is a tiny, perfect little boy and I look forward to getting to know him and watching him grow.



Second, I think of the neighborhood barbecue we just had in our church parking lot Friday. It turns out that with all people from the neighborhood that stopped by, seven churches were represented by the time we were done. I didn't really meet anyone personally. It was just a whole bunch of people eating, listening to music, chatting  and just plain having a good tome. I've already written about it here in my blog, so I won't go on about it again except to say that it was so awesome to bring other cultures and other languages all together to enjoy an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment