The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fright

Now I am challenged to write about the first time I was asked to get up and speak in front of people. The first time would have been in school when I had to give an oral report. I was debilitatingly shy and asking me to do that was horrifying. There were times when I took an F for that portion of my grade to not get up there.


The story this challenge brings to mind was when I first began to teach classes. I was working for a wonderful little store in Bakersfield at the time. I loved the store and when I opened my own business The Chicken Coop here in Reno, it was patterned after it. My business unfortunately is no more, but Strawberry Patches is still alive and kickin'. Anyway, the owner was losing her quilting teacher and asked me to take over. I was shocked, and even more shocking, I said I would do it. Before that first class I wrote out every single step. I was so afraid I would freeze. Once I began, I never looked at my notes again and quite accidentally discovered my teaching style. I tend to teach more on a one on one basis instead of up in front. I love for my students to have a good time. It's supposed to be fun after all. In the end, it's just paper and when you get your project home, you won't remember what mine looks like anyway. Just have fun!

I'd love for you all to join me sometime for one of those classes. I have a wonderful group of ladies. We have gotten to know each other and we really have a good time. Each month my class dates and prices will be posted here on the blog and I will post pictures as well. Contact me directly if you would like to sign up for any of the classes so I will have a kit all ready for you.

I have two things remaing in September. On the 23rd I am combining my September workshop and my monthly card class. The class is $20. For the workshop portion we will be focusing on the new stamp set Wondrous Wreath and the matching Framelit set. For the card class portion we will be making some Halloween cards and a fun little treat (Or possibly two---I do love those you know).
Finally on the 30th I will be hosting Paper Pumpkin Club. The price for that class is only $5. For those of you who don't know what that is, let me explain a bit. Stampin' Up has a subscription service called Paper Pumpkin. For $19.95 per month (Which includes the shipping), a fun little orange box shows up on your doorstep each month. All the supplies to do the projects they provide are included. Sometimes it's cards, sometimes it's other things. You always get a small stamp set and you always get at least one little ink pad. What I do in my Paper Pumpkin Club is take the supplies they send us, add stuff out of my over abundance of stuff, add some creativity and make our little kit into something even more for $5. My ladies bring their orange box with them and we got to town. Come join us. We have fun!

Tomorrow I will post the dates for October

No comments:

Post a Comment