The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Way Ahead

A writing challenge today asked if I were ever way ahead of the rest in musical tastes, political views, etc.
That is actually true of scrapbooking--at least to the people in my circle at the time.
When I owned my business in Arlington Gardens Shopping Mall, we held a Show and Share Day where we turned to center part of our mall into a bit of a craft fair where our customers could come and set up to show others what they were into. I had a customer who sold Longaburger baskets come (Love them!) and a gal who was a Creative Demonstrator came. All she had to show was her sample album, but I was hooked! I immediately asked her if she would like to come and teach classes in my shop and she accepted. This was long before there were any scrapbook stores and ladies, I could not get anyone to come to those classes. I tried and tried, going so far as to invite them to come for free, just to see what it was all about--No Takers. Right away I knew how precious to me it would be if I had something like that done by my mom and decided that I needed to do it for my kids. I began making mine and became a Creative Memories consultant at one point, later becoming the manager of the first scrapbook store here in Reno. I was so excited about the craft that if I hadn't been just a touch ahead of the craze, my store would have become the first scrapbook store here and I'm sure it would have been a success. Unfortunately I had to close my store and the trend hit not long after. I still work in the area of course and teach classes, but I sure would have loved to have a store to invite you all to. I absolutely loved owning my own business and worked my tail off for it, but I guess it just wasn't in the cards for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment