The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Upturned Nose

My instructions today say that everyone has something about which they are insufferable snobs--about coffee, cars, etc.
So what am I snobbish about?

Hmmm--I'm finding this one hard.
I try to be open to most things. If you give something a try, you just may find out you like it.
There are however, a few things I won't try---Like sushi, yuck!
Other things I've tried and found that I don't like--Raw onions and such.
I'm not snobbish about my music. I enjoy many different style, but I do not like hard rock, or most rap.
None of these things really seem snobbish, so I read the challenge again and at the end it says "Or any other pet obsession where you have to have things just so.
Now you're getting into my area!
I do need to have things a certain way. For instance, a picture that is crooked on a wall makes me crazy.
When decorating my home or my paper crafting, I have to put things where my eye likes it. I stand back or pause in my work to examine how things look and move things around until they please my eye.
I think I used to be worse and have mellowed with age.
I have passed this tendency on to my girls though. In a big way. HUGE way!

Tracy is extremely OCD about her home. Everything must be in it's place. She often opens her home for entertaining, and as the party begins to wind down, I can literally see her getting antsy to put things back in order. The instant the door closes on that last guest, everything must return to normal. In fact, there have been times when she can't wait till the end and is cleaning up before everyone leaves. She's worse than I ever was and my poor Megan, bless her heart, is worse than both of us put together.
She's the same way about her home as Tracy is. Everything must be where it belongs. When Landon goes down for his nap, she immediately picks up all his toys putting them back in place. Then when Landon gets up, they are all back out again of course. Same scenario when he goes to bed. Her home must be in order and everything clean before she will leave the house, cause she wants it to be that way when she returns. I'm remembering now that my mother was the same way. Everything nice before leaving the house. No dishes in the sink and no mess. These were the days of shag carpeting, and she even raked her carpet before leaving. Obviously she must be the culprit who burned these OCD tendencies into our brains.Let's blame it on her. It carries on even farther with poor Megan. For instance, I have teased her mercilessly when out to dinner by moving her napkin or water glass. She literally cannot stand it. It must be fixed. I'm hoping that things will get easier as she goes along. She's got two boys now and it won't be long before little Levi joins his brother in mess making. When she was in school her school work was a sight to behold. She could fool you with her printing. You might be sure it had been professionally printed.  Everything perfect and even color coded. She still makes beautiful lists today. In Junior High she was getting overwhelmed with her school work because she would start over and rewrite if she didn't like her handwriting. (Okay, I do that)


I could go on, there is some clutter that just must be tidied, so that's it for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment