The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Earliest Memory

I have put this challenge off because I have so little memory of my childhood. What I do have is very spotty, and often remembered only because there are pictures or evidence to prove it. For instance, I know I went to Kindergarten, and I know the name of the school was Magee, but I have absolutely no memory of ever being there. I have a few memories of grade school, but not much. I also remember my first childhood best friend, Peggy Sue Murr. I don't remember my brothers being born or remember them as babies. I do know that I went and spent some time with my grandma and grandpa in Colorado when it was time for the oldest of the two to be born. I have pictures of that, but the only thing I really remember is sitting on the front porch waiting for my grandpa to come home from work. Her was a train engineer and would come home in his overalls with a small bag of Planters Peanuts in one of his pockets for me, so I guess that's my earliest memory involving someone else. I had thought it was going to be playing in the rain with my brothers, but that would have been later. By the way, to explain, we grew up in Southern California so when it rained, it wasn't necessarily cold outside. My brothers and I were allowed to go out and play in it and get absolutely soaked. We loved it. What a silly thing to remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment