The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Good Ol' Days





Today I am asked...


Is there a period in your own personal life that you think of as the good old days? Tell us a story about those innocent and/or exciting times (or lack thereof).

I would have to choose my last year of high school. I was so done with school that I was a total goof off. I ditched school for the very first time and I ditched A LOT. (My mom is not here to see this confession thank goodness). I was usually accompanied by best friend Carol. She eventually got caught. I did not. What we did most often was head to the beach to work on our tan before summer. We had a lot of fun.
girl-beach120421b.jpg
Yes---We looked just like this!




I only wish I had a bit more knowledge and self confidence as I left high school and headed into my twenties. I'm afraid my that was not a good time for me. I made an awful lot of bad decisions. I wish I would have stayed close to my faith and known that I was worthy of being treated with respect. Who knows what kind of relationship I would have ended up in and what kind of love I would have found. I can't feel too badly though. With a different direction, I wouldn't have the same family or my fantastic grand children.

Halloween Clip ArtI have to say---Now that I'm thinking more about it, and with Halloween just passing, I don't think Halloween will ever be as fun as it used to be when I was a kid. We didn't worry about being abducted or getting a razor blade in our candy, we just went for it. We'd take off with our friends and a pillow case and run all through the entire neighborhood. It was great.  




Everything about the way we played when we were kids was better I think. I grew up in Southern California, so bad weather was not a concern, and we were outdoors with our friends, not inside with a video game. We rode our bikes, played hide and seek, kick the can, and stayed outside until we were called in for dinner. I can even remember going outside and playing with my brothers in the rain. We got soaked to the skin and had a blast. I could go on and on. Our play as kids was totally different back in the day and I think the kids today are the poorer for it.

Sorry guys :(

No comments:

Post a Comment