The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Heart by Heart

For today I am asked to recite a poem (or song lyrics) from memory -- what's the first one that comes to mind? Does it have a special meaning, or is there another reason it has stayed, intact, in your mind?
Jesus Loves Me by HawiianTiger
First song that came to mind for me?----
Jesus Loves Me
"Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak, but He is strong
Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
The Bible tells me so."




It's probably the first song I learned in Sunday School and probably the first song I taught to my girls.
It's such a simple childlike song, and yet to sing it now as an adult is as full of meaning, power and inspiration as any other.

Instead of a poem, I thought of a Bible verse--
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world,  He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

These were so important to me as a child because what I wanted more than anything in the world was to be loved. Just to be loved. Still do, and that love is not so easy to get as some might think. I am so very thankful that no matter what else happens and no matter how many people may disappoint me in that area, I have a God that loves me more than I can possibly imagine. Amazing that I can count on that no matter what happens and no matter how I may fail Him. Amazing grace. Amazing love.
(Too funny! As I write this, the song "Jesus Loves Me" comes on the radio. Not the same version of course, but with the same wonderful message)

Another verse that has stayed with me over the years is one given me by a sweet lady at a church I went to years ago. I needed to hear it then so much, and it's something I constantly need to keep in mind now.

Isaiah 26:3
"Though wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee"

I consider that as I write these challenges, I may be coming off to my readers as some kind of Jesus freak---and you know what? That's okay. If I'm going to be consumed by something, please let it be Him. Those of you who love the Lord, will understand how important He is to me and how often He comes to mind. For any of you who don't know the Lord, it is and will be my prayer that He will touch your heart in some way and bring you into a relationship with Him. Believe me---You will never be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment