The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Oh, the Irony!



Today I am challenged to write about irony---or sarcasm.


This sure made me think of myself.
I must admit that I am often sarcastic. My sense of humor is very sarcastic, but I am just as often sarcastic in serious situations.
 I will always remember my daughter Tracy calling me on it. I would be scolding her for one thing or another and she would find it funny. That wouldn't go over well. "You think this is funny?!" She finally told me that she did find it funny. When I said sarcastic things that were funny, she couldn't help but find it funny.     
Teenage boy indifferent to his mothers scolding inspecting her finger ... My bad.

My sarcasm is most often evident in my humor though and often directed at myself. Here's a recent for instance. I am taking part in a women's Bible study and we are really becoming quite intimate with each other. One of the young ladies there had shared about an older woman in her life that she lunches with about once a month and about all the wisdom the woman pours into her life. I ma the oldest one in the study group and after the things they had heard me share, I had to pipe up with---"Well, I'm sure all of you are just dying to have a monthly lunch with me, now that you are aware of just how well adjusted I am"---Funny, I didn't get any takers. I did get a laugh though. See what I mean.
One friend of mine always asks permission for the strangest things, which brings it out in me. For instance we stopped at a fast food restaurant where I said that I had to go use the restroom and she asked if it were okay if she went too. I had to announce--
"Absolutely not! This happens to be my own personal bathroom!"
                                                       
                                                       
                                                                                                                   

I'm thinking that it often shows up in my writing as well, so all of you have probably noticed it already.

I'm so glad that the people in my life understand that this is just part of my humor. Thank goodness it is almost always directed at myself. It would be easy to insult someone who didn't get it. So-----If I have inadvertently offended any of you out there with my sarcasm, I truly do apologize. I mean that---really. It is NEVER my intention to hurt or offend. It would sadden me to know that I had. I truly find much more ridiculous in my life to make fun of than I will ever find in that of anyone else. A HUGE lifetime of it, and I continue to add to my material daily.
Woman covering her mouth - isolated on white background.

No comments:

Post a Comment