The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Monday, March 13, 2023

Z-Z-Z

 Today is National Napping Day 

The celebration Napping was created in 1999 by a Boston University professor and his wife to spread awareness of the importance of getting enough sleep and its benefits. The holiday is held on the Monday after Daylight Savings because studies have shown that people are at their most tired and sleep deprived after daylight savingsr changes. The change of the hour really makes a difference. Not only does the observance encourage a nap, it reminds us that there’s no shame in taking one either. A needed rest can make you feel better and also improve your mood. After having the extra amount of sleep, a person will notice that they will be more productive and energetic. Numerous studies have shown that short 10-20 minute naps are the most effective when midday fatigue hits. Improvements in alertness, productivity, and mood have all been shown to improve with this type of snooze.  

Though the holiday wasn’t created until 1999, the Spanish already had the tradition of taking an afternoon “siesta.” The Ancient Romans were known to take midday naps as well. With the hustle and bustle of modern life midday naps seem more like a thing from the past to most people. But back then naps were seen as a necessity and were sometimes used for medicinal purposes and even religious practices. 

There are some of us who are just not the napping kind, but if you're a fan go ahead and reap those benefits. Find a cozy spot for 10 minutes or so and enjoy National Napping Day.

I myself am not a napper. The exception is when I'm sick. Then I'm very likely to sleep away the bulk of the day

How about you?

Nap or no nap?


1 comment:

  1. Me too Tonna! Not a mapper. I can relax some and that’s helps me feel better. I have to save my sleep for nights! Paula

    ReplyDelete