The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Peanut Butter

 

March 1st is NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER LOVER’S DAY

National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day first made its appearance in 1990 commemorating the anniversary of when peanut butter made its commercial debut in the United States. Promoted by both the Adult Peanut Butter Lovers Fan Club and the National Peanut Board the day found full cover peanut butter spreads in newspapers across the country. An un-named doctor was given credit for first providing peanut butter to his patients. In March of 1890, he began providing the spread to those patients who had difficulty chewing. More than 100 years later, we continue to celebrate the benefits of peanut butter, and its history, too.

How about some fun peanut butter facts:

  • It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter
  • C.H. Sumner first sold peanut butter in the United States at the Universal Exposition in St. Louis.  He sold $705.11 of the “new treat” at his concession stand.
  • Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup was introduced to America in 1928.
  • The oldest operating manufacturer and seller of peanut butter has been selling peanut butter since 1898.
  • Mr. Ed TV’s used peanut butter as a secret ingredient to get a horse talking.
  • Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.
  • January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day
  •  The slang term for peanut butter in World War II was “monkey butter.”
  • Peanut butter and bananas were fit for a king. The king Elvis Presley enjoyed many a peanut butter and banana sandwich.A monkey visited the lab at Kellogg’s one day and dipped his banana in a jar of peanut butter, and he’s been ape over the combination ever since.

  • A monkey visited the lab at Kellogg’s one day and dipped his banana in a jar of peanut butter, and he’s been ape over the combination ever since.

  • Okay, that one wasn't true but did you get a giggle?

Well, there you have it, a bit about peanut butter.
What's your favorite way to enjoy some. I'd have to say Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. 
Delicious!! 
Hmmm I'll have to see if I may have one in the frig. 

No comments:

Post a Comment