The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Let's Read

March 2nd is National Read Across America Day 

 Each year, this day is celebrated on March 2nd, the birthday of Dr. Seuss. 

The annual event is part of Read Across America, an initiative on reading created by the National Education Association. Since the event is designed to encourage reading in children and is fostered through the schools.

This motivational and awareness day calls all children and youth in every community across the United States to celebrate reading. It encourages them to read where ever they are. 

Yes, I am aware of the controversy that had come up around Dr Suess, but I stick by him. His books were huge in the lives of my children and were Megan's very favorite. Her most favorite of all was Dr Suess's ABC book. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I read that book to her. Eventually I pretty much new it by heart and just had to speak and turn the pages. "Big A little a, what begins with A? Aunt Annie's alligator A A A!"

When Matilda came along her favorite movie to watch was "Horton Hears a Who" and when she visited my house that movie got played A LOT!

And then there came Landon. Megan had an incredible Dr Suess themed party for his first birthday. She did an incredible job but she always does. Her birthday parties for those kids are epic. 


This is the card I made for today. It's not quite finished yet and I'm not thrilled with it but I did it in honor of reading day so I'm posting it. Next time will be better. 

1 comment: