The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Get Them Crafty

Well All, today has got a bunch of these kinds of holidays. They include National Children’s Craft Day, National Write Down Your Story Day, National Equal Pay Day, National Learn About Butterflies Day, National Potaoe Chip Day and National PI Day. I'm not going to try and cover all of that and Pie has its own special day on January 23rd so we'll just focus on National Children’s Craft Day and save the others for another year. 

Each year, National Children’s Craft Day on March 14th unleashes a boost of creative energy right in the middle of National Craft Month. The day celebrates crafting with children. By opening children’s eyes to the world of crafts, we spark their imagination, and from there, the possibilities are endless.

Crafting can give children a sense of accomplishment as well as help build their self-esteem. As with adults, crafting reduces stress in children, too. It doesn’t cost a lot to get a child involved with crafts. You can use everyday household items for projects. Thing like recycled paper towel tubes and yogurt containers make excellent craft items and demonstrate repurposing. Not only is it a fun way for kids to occupy their time, but it helps divert their attention from wasting their awesome childhood watching TV and Mobile Phones.

I love it when the kid's crafting projects have come my way and for many years my refrigerator has been a showplace of projects from my children and grandchildren. So enjoy the day with them. There are lots of videos online for kids crafts if you need some ideas and as crafters we have plenty of supplies we can use with them. Instead of finding free time away from the kids to make a card or scrapbook page. Today,  invite them to join you. They'll enjoy it and I'll bet you end up having a great time as well.


1 comment:

  1. I love working with my grands and making crafts with them! They ask me all the time to make things with me! Grateful heart for sure! Paula

    ReplyDelete