The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Farewell

 For a few years I have been hosting two days of crafting on a few weekends each year and I have loved it. Is it a lot of work? Absolutely,  but it has been great fun. There's nothing like a weekend full of fun, scrapbooking and card making. This past weekend however I sadly hosted my final one. It was such a difficult decision for me but it was very hard on me physically and really needed to take some things off my schedule so it was something I felt I needed to do. 

I have met and been able to enjoy so many lovely ladies and they have brought me so much joy. In 2021 I had an event just days after my 70th birthday. I left the event for a bit to grab a soda or something and when I came back they all burst into song, they were all wearing birthday party hats and of course there was cake. It meant the world to me. 

This year all I poked my head out the door beside me for moments and when I turned around to my table there was a beautiful cake and a big bouquet of balloons. I don't know how they managed it but it was so special. I also received a sweet card, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and lots of hugs. 


Never fear though. My dear friend Rae decided that we couldn't just stop having them and so she has stepped up to say that she will take it over to do one weekend in the Spring and one in the Fall. I will be able to attend as a participant instead of the host and I will still be able to enjoy all the wonderful women that I have meant so much to me these last few years. 

I will still be holding a much smaller Saturday only event at my church on the third Saturday most months and I am still teaching my classes. I just really needed to slow down a bit. 

Here's to all of the wonderful ladies who take my classes and spend time crafting with me. 

I am truly blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you will be holding the crops at your church! In joy them so much! I appreciate all you have done over the years to make our crops so fun! Hugs! Paula

    ReplyDelete