The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Monday, March 6, 2023

OREOS!!!

On March 6th each year we celebrate America’s number one cookie with National Oreo Cookie Day.

 We love a good cookie and one of America's absolute favorites is the timeless classic: the Oreo, with crisp chocolate cookies and creamy filling, these little cookies have captured our hearts and our stomachs. The Oreo was first introduced in 1912 and it has been the best-selling cookie in America ever since. We love to dunk them, twist them, and straight up take a bite. The cookie is nearly 108 years old, and is enjoyed by cookie lovers of all ages across the globe. 

The National Biscuit Company (today known as Nabisco) first developed and produced the “Oreo Biscuit” in 1912 at its Chelsea factory in New York City. Today, the block on which the factory was located is known as “Oreo Way.”

The name “Oreo” was first trademarked on March 14, 1912.

The first Oreo cookies in the United States sold for 25 cents a pound in clear glass topped novelty cans.

Well there you have it. I would so love to sit down and make an Oreo themed card but I am in the middle of a massive house cleaning. If I stop I will not go back.  Maybe next year 😕

Oreo is not my most favorite cookie. What I like most are the things people make with them, like using them crumled up as a cream pie crusts. Yummy. There are a multitude of recipes online to be able to create something delicious and multiple ways that people eat them. 

So, what is your favorite way to eat an Oreo???

1 comment:

  1. Oreo is not my favorite cookie either. Every once in a while I will have a nice bite out of a thin Oreo cookie! My favorite cookie is chocolate chip! Yum! ❤️ Paula

    ReplyDelete