The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Let's Get Crafty!

 It's National Crafting Month!

Now here's a celebration we can really get into. I'll be crafting away today. How about you?

In March, it’s the end of winter (sometimes!πŸ˜‰)and a great time to blossom with creativity. Crafters get creative with their supplies. Artisans set to work on a design, and different craftspeople put their skills together to bring an idea to life.

The word “crafting” covers a whole lot of territory. There are a broad range of crafts to choose from. Included are paper and wood, fabrics, paint, knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, leatherworking, wood burning, fly tying, jewelry making, and metal art, virtually anything created by hand. The month is dedicated to creativity and inspiration. Whatever motivates you, get crafty!

Crafters often get together and get their hand’s dirty sticking, sewing, knitting, crocheting, cutting, pasting, coloring, painting and more. We'll be doing just that at the crop on March 11th. I'm so glad that I'll be able to celebrate with some of you. While I spend time crafting just about every day, it's always more fun when I get to do it together with friends

Crafting offers many benefits. Even if you don’t think you are especially artistic, there’s never any harm in giving things a go. Using one’s creativity provides stress relief and can lower blood pressure much like meditation. There’s natural positive reinforcement from learning a new skill. With each new step learned, the satisfaction from gaining the skill rewards you. Most crafts require fine motor skills. Crafts teach young children these skills so if you have kids, get them off their game consoles and the TV and let them get messy with glue, glitter, pipe cleaners, or colored paper and make sure you stick the masterpieces up on the fridge! 

The Craft & Hobby Association established National Crafting Month back in 1994 meant to encourage individuals to discover their hidden creativity, to introduce Americans to outlets they hadn’t tried before and for practiced crafters to start on a new project, try a new medium, or learn a skill. Today, crafting is not only a worthwhile, relaxing pursuit for anyone and everyone, but it also has become big business. We at-home crafter benefit because the “trickle-down” theory really works spreading the word about new tricks of the trade, cutting-edge materials, and more.

So if your fingers are itching to be busy, and your heart is yearning to make gift-worthy items that combine art and skill, join me in celebrating National Crafting Month. 

P.S. .. I was just checking my emails and discovered that this is also National Quilting Month. The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day so well discuss  quilting fully at that time. See you then! 😘 



.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment