The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Most Frightening Thing

Well, I'm finally sitting down to relax after a very long day and I find I'm actually in the mood to write a little something.

The prompt for this post tells me to write about something that frightened me.

I think one of the most frightening things of all is when you can't find your kids.
I've gotten a little jolt a few times when you turn around and they just aren't there briefly, but I was truly in a panic once when Megan was in grade school. I had my business at the time and it was right up the street from her school, so she would just walk there. I was always aware of the time and when she should be there. Once though, I was trying to wait on a customer, and getting more nervous by the minute cause it was past time. Eventually I just told her I had to go, completely abandoned my store and took off down the street to search. No Megan. There was a house on the way of someone she knew, so I knocked to see if she were there. No Megan. I was in a panic. Finally in the end when I got back to the little mall where my store was, I heard someone say there was a little girl crying in the bathroom. I was so relieved. There she was. She'd been there all along, but believe me she was told to never do that again. Come to mommy first. No matter what.

Megan has since had a fright of her own. We were on a camping trip. Landon always sleeps in my tent with me. One morning quite early I woke up and no Landon. I stuck my head out of the tent and hollered over to their tent asking if he were in there. He was not. Begin frantic search. All of us were heading in different directions calling out his name. It wasn't too long thank goodness, before I found him walking along down the middle of one of the campground roads in his footie pajamas. He was gathering sticks and having a marvelous time. He had just unzipped the tent and went on his way. Megan was in tears and hugged him so tightly.
He really wasn't quite sure why she was so upset.

He was able to come along with me on my church's camping trip this year and we for sure had a talk with him about waking grandma up before leaving the tent. I even joked that I was going to attach a leash to him and hold on to the other end. The very first morning I was awakened by "Grandma, I'm awake!" It was so cute.
I love him to pieces!


Okay, time for a little TV and some relaxation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment