The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Friday, September 2, 2016

Makeup...What makeup

Today I'm asked to describe my makeup routine. That's a good one! I've never been much of a makeup kind of girl.
If I'm at home, just running an errand, or only around some members of my family, the routine consists of nothing at all. I apologize to all of you who have been subjected to that lovely sight.
If I'm actually trying not to frighten everyone I do put some on. The main thing is my eyes. I have always had dark circles and now that I'm older they are quite red all around. So, a bit of concealer there, slap on some blush and some mascara and that's usually all there is. I have added a couple of new things though. I now put on eyebrow pencil for the first time in my life. Chemo nearly took all of my eyebrows away and didn't give much of them back, so I add a little pencil to help them out. Also, some lipstick. In the past I rarely wore any at all. I always felt like a bit of a clown when donning it, but as previously mentioned, I'm old now. Age seems to have taken the color away from my lips leaving them nearly the same color as my skin, so I now add just a touch of lipstick so that you can tell that I even have lips at all.
We'll, that's about it for the routine I put this old wrinkly face through. Aren't you glad I shared. I'm sure you've all been wishing you could get my beauty secrets.

You're welcome.
Mine says HOPELESS!
(Not really, but it should)

Guess What! Tomorrow I will be sharing about my hairstyles. 
Aren't you excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment