The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Thursday, February 9, 2023

PIZZA!!!!!

Join me as I celebrate National Pizza Day!! This is one I can really get behind. I LOVE 🍕Pizza! I'll eat just about any kind. I just pick off what I don't care for and enjoy. Cold or hot and for any meal, I'm in and guess what I'm doing right now to celebrate! (besides having pizzafor dinner)

But where did these awesome pies come from...?

Though flatbreads with toppings were consumed by ancient Egyptians, Romans, and Greeks, the modern birthplace of the pizza is southwestern Italy’s Campania region. It was notorious for its throngs of working poor who required inexpensive food that could be consumed quickly. Flatbreads with toppings that can be eaten for every meal — fulfilled this need. These early pizzas featured tasty toppings such as tomatoes, cheese, oil, anchovies, and garlic. More well off Italians found their eating habits disgusting.

 King Umberto I and Queen Margherita visited Naples in 1889 and legend says that the traveling pair became bored with their steady diet of French cuisine and asked for an assortment of pizzas from the city’s Pizzeria Brandi, founded in 1760. The variety the queen enjoyed the most was called pizza mozzarella, a pie topped with the soft white cheese, red tomatoes, and green basil — much resembling the Italian flag. Since then, this particular choice of toppings has been dubbed the Margherita pizza.

However, even with the Queen’s love for the dish, pizza would remain little known in Italy beyond Naples’ borders until the 1940s.  Immigrants to the United States from across the sea began replicating their flatbreads in New York and other American cities and relatively quickly, the flavors and aromas of pizza won us all over. 

Okay, here are my finished masterpieces. I made a nice big pizza and had enough for 2 large 5x7 cards. I'm going to add sentiments but I have to print them out myself and I'm too lazy to do it right now. One will say...."Wishing you a big slice of HAPPY", and the other will have some hearts added and say "You have a pizza my heart".

What do you think? 

Now I've earned a nice big pizza for myself. 

Time to order!!

No comments:

Post a Comment