The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Saturday, February 4, 2023

I Scream For Ice Cream for Breakfast Day

 Today is Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. The idea doesn't appeal to me but I'll tell you a bit about it anyway. It was created in the 1960s by housewife Florence Rappaport from New York.  An enormous blizzard hit that year in the New York area and Florence’s 6 children were exceptionally bored one cold and snowy February morning and Florence needed to come up with something to entertain them so when they announced that it was too cold to do anything she responded "Let’s have ice cream for breakfast."

The children obviously enjoyed the idea and  reminded her of it the following year so they celebrated again and the day became a tradition in their family from then on.

The idea caught on and is now celebrated all over the world, so there you have it. 




Today is also Homemade Soup Day which sounds much more appetizing to me. 

And finally it is Thank a Mail Carrier Day. I used to have a super nice mailman here and I would have thanked him with cookies but sadly, he retired. He just loved the dipped cookies I make at Christmas time. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I don’t think I could do ice cream for breakfast either! Love the card! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good mail carriers, UPS and FedX Drivers, etc should not be allowed to retire! Super cute card Tonna

    ReplyDelete