The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Grouchy?

 Today is "Do a Grouch a Favor Day"

I can't say that I can think of someone around me that's being particularly grouchy right now but if you're dealing with someone I encourage you to do them a little favor. You'd be amazed at how a little kindness can change a person's attitude...sometimes immediately. Doesn't have to be anything big....a kind gesture letting them know that you care, a favorite piece of candy or candy bar given for no reason at all, cooking their favorite dinner, or a sweet note slipped in a lunch box. 

Now...A funny thing just happened. I was looking for grouchy clip art to include in this post and this picture popped up. 

As many of you know my brother very recently passed away. For years he would ride his bike up to the Vons store and go around with a cheery hello to all. His goal each day to make people smile. He knew them all, their names, their kids names, and what was going on in their lives. One of his greatest joys was ringing bells in front of the store for the Salvation Army. He wanted to give people a smile whether they gave or not and with yhat white beard, when kids came by he added a big "HO HO HO! It was so important to him that one if his doctors presented this t-shirt to him. It reads "Smiles Required"  He loved it. 

So there you have it. My little brother. I'm dedicating this day to him because I know there were so many times he turned a frown upside down for those around him. Along with me they're going to miss him. 


1 comment:

  1. What a great brother you have! Love his bread. He left his mark on the world making others smile! 💖. Paula

    ReplyDelete