The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Classes and Sales

 I have realized that at the beginning of the new year I should have posted the info on the classes I teach. If interested you can sign up by contacting me by leaving me a message here in the comments or by email myredhen4@yahoo.com.


I have come to the beginning of a new year and at that time I like to get the information out there about my classes and crops so you know what's available. 
At the end there is info on something new for this year. 

I teach two classes each month. 
First of all, I do what I call "Paper Pumpkin Club "  
Stampin Up has a subscription program called Paper Pumpkin. For $22.50 each month you get a box with everything inside to create projects they have designed. It's usually cards, about 9 of them. You get full instructions and all the supplies need including an exclusive stamp set, a small square pad of one of their ink colors, and any adhesive or pop dots needed. In your very first kit you get a stamping block. You literally have everything you need to create your projects except scissors. 
Now when I get my kit I come up with alternate projects using the kit and I have a group of ladies who bring their kit along with them to class snd we make the extra projects that I design. The class is $10 and includes the instruction plus any supplies that I have added to the kit to make my alternates. 
The class is at 6pm on the second Wednesday of each month. 
Hope that explains it well. 

Secondly, I teach a class which I call my "Red Hen Roundup"
You sign up for this in rounds of four months each. For instance this first round will run from January thru April. You are then responsible for the whole round. If you are not able to come you still receive your kit and pictures of the cards we did in class. 
In this class I teach five cards that I have designed and I occasionally also teach some little treats like you might use at Halloween or Christmas. You bring your monthly kit, yourself and your basic supplies. You will also receive a kit from me with any extra supplies you need for the cards I teach in class. 
Again, if you are unable to come, you would receive your kit and pictures of each card.
This class is $25 per month and I teach both a daytime class at noon and a night class at 6pm both on the last Wednesday of each month. 

Now, something new....

I am adding a Technique Club this year. This is designed to learn some new techniques and have a record of them that you can flip through for ideas when you're crafting. 

At the end of each month you will receive from me, a card with a small example of the technique I'm teaching and written instructions on how to do it. In addition you will receive a link to a video I've made showing me making and explaining a card using the technique for that month. 
I'm storing all of my cards in a binder with sleeves to hold the cards and I will have a catalog of ideas. 
If you sign up by January 15th you will get a folder from me with the necessary pockets for one year of cards. 
Sometimes in addition to the instruction card I will send a fully made card using the technique and I will leave it unsigned so its all ready for you to use. I also plan on often sending along some materials you might need to try the technique out. 

This class is $12 per month and if you pay for the whole year up front I am making the price $125 which gives you nearly two months for free. 

I also host weekend crops several times a year at Springhill Suites. 

That's it for my classes but I did want to let you know that I plan on making a great effort on my blog this year so you might want to peek in and see if you might like following along. I plan on passing along some information, adding some stories and including cards and other crafting ideas. 
I pretty much have no followers right now since I have completely neglected it but I'm trying to change that. 

Hope to see a lot of you join me either by chatting or commenting here on my blog, in class, through online in Technique Club, or chatting ajustmy blog. I'd love to have you. 

Now one more thing....
I will occasionally be offering things for sale here on my blog and for the most part the cards I share on the blog are available for sale. I'd you see one you'd like just give me a shout and it can be yours. 

1 comment:

  1. Can’t wait to see what you put up for sale! Paula

    ReplyDelete