The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pride

Today the Daily Post which sends me my writing challenges asks me when was the last time someone told me they were proud of me.
I don't like this question. It brings up sadness in me. It's not something I hear from those closest to me.
I think that my upline in Stampin Up told me she was proud of what I have accomplished and I know that my upline in my new adventure in Jamberry has been super encouraging, but that's just not the same.
While I admit that self pride is something that the Lord frowns upon, just a little pat on the back is something that we all long for I think.

I remember a couple of years ago or so I was watching a movie and the daughter in the movie told her mom that she was proud of her and I burst out crying. What a sap! It just hit me how much it would mean to my heart if I heard that from my girls. I think if my mom were alive today she would be proud of me, but it's not something I heard from my folks when they were here.

Why don't we tell people that more often. Especially to our children. It's such a simple thing that would mean so much. Just to know someone notices, someone cares.

In the end, I know that my Heavenly Father is proud of the steps I have made in my walk with Him as He encourages me and guides me along the way, and He's the most important one after all......
Still, can you imagine your child telling you they are proud of you?





No comments:

Post a Comment