The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Be My Valentine

Today on Valentines Day my writing challenges was to write an ode to someone or something I love. 
I have chosen to write an ode to a wonderful sweet man. He was the very first boyfriend I ever had and has remained a treasured friend ever since. I was very young at the time or I probably would have appreciated him more. We do not live near each other so I seem him very seldom. This past year though, he made it possible for me to attend a reunion of our church youth group in Southern California. It was wonderful to see him, as well as many others from my teenage years. Recently however, he has been hospitalized. He's having severe memory problems and they are doing extensive tests trying to find out what is wrong, but we don't know yet. I texted him and asked him to be my valentine today, and he accepted. So...That is my ode to someone I love. I love Maynard (Yes, that's his name. Not his real one, but it's his name) He is constantly in my thoughts and my prayers right now, and I would love it if you all would pray for him as well. I'm hoping that he will be better soon and out of that hospital and when that happens, I hope I will see him as soon as possible.





That's us, so many years ago at church summer camp. I wish we realized what a treasure these carefree days were when we had them. I wish we made smarter decisions and hung on to the Lord tighter. Right now though, I just wish I could see my valentine and help him through this time 


No comments:

Post a Comment