The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Friday, April 10, 2020

Create Away!

This was posted on one of the blogs I follow and it mirrored my feelings during this time so well that I wanted to share it with you. 
Let's get crafty!!


Calling all cardmakers! It is time to use our super power to make others smile! The world is so chaotic right now. So uneasy. There are people scared and lonely. There are people who are having to work when they wish they could be home with family. There are people who are worried about paying the bills. There are extroverts longing to get out and be social. And introverts struggling to get alone time to recharge with everyone home. Everyone has a struggle here. However! We are cardmakers. And our super power is that we can make cards to lift someone’s spirits - anyone’s spirits! We can do this! And another good reason for us to makes cards? Crafting is therapeutic. And something you can do with loved ones at home. 
I am hoping you will all join me in making cards to give to folks who could use a smile. My family had a crafting hour earlier today. (Swipe to see photos.) We did lots of die cutting for lots of cards. Tomorrow we will assemble them. These cards will go to nurses (who are in the thick of this), grocery store employees (such madness!), and teachers (who are trying to figure out how to teach online and much more). If you don’t have time to make a bunch, just make one! But please join me. Send a card add some goodness to the world! We can do this!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment