The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Project 365 Day 169----New Class





Today's picture is the unveiling of an upcoming class. If you were at the yard sale you got the first look and the first chance to sign up---even with a $5 discount. This is one of the ideas I brought back with me from Creative Escape and I love it. It is a tent style album that I plan to keep on my desk where I can see it all the time. It is made very sturdy with the use of Bazzill Book Board to make the base and is made SO cute with the use of this wonderful line of paper from October Afternoon. The title on the tag which can be pulled out of the little pocket on the front reads "Journey of My Heart." I plan to fill mine with pictures of the things most dear to me and flip the pages to something to keep my heart smiling while I work. It would be great to sit on your desk at work if you have one and would also be a wonderful gift. When we complete it in class, the book will have ten pages, but more can be added easily. Four of the pages are plain and the rest are embellished with an assortment of things that just make me feel warm and fuzzy. During the course of the class you will use chipboard, half pearls, fabric, ribbon, flowers, brads, netting, giant ric rac, felt, floss, buttons, baker's twine and more. You will learn to make, not one, but two cool flowers. You will want to make them again and again to embellish other books and pages. Part of the book has lines pages where you can journal about what pulls your heart strings and there's an envelope where you can tuck away some special treasures. I have shown you some views of parts of the book here and I hope you like it as much as I do. I expect this class to take at least three hours and I am tentatively planning it for October 23rd or 24th if a weekend time is needed or the night of the 25th, 27th, or 28th if I decide to go with an evening class. The location has not yet been decided for sure. The class is $45, includes all supplies and there are quite a lot of them. I just loved playing with all the different textures and techniques. Contact me at notime2scrapbook@yahoo.com to sign up and let me know which time works best for you. I'm excited for these new classes I will be offering. I've already taken the pictures of another which will be offered in November. I'll just say that it's a super cute gift idea. I already know exactly what I'm doing with mine-----Keep checking! There's more to come!

3 comments:

  1. Tonna: This class is just too, too cute. Count me in when you decide a date. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The class is being held at 6pm on November 4th. Send me off an email to notime2scrapbook@yahoo.com to sign up.

    ReplyDelete