The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Monday, July 27, 2020

Playing with Cardstock

This blog post is just to put some pictures out there of my work with cardstock.  I am applying to be on the design team of a site that sells great cardstock. It's getting harder and harder to run to the store and pick up the color you need.  To solve that problem I ordered a sample ring of the colors sold by www.12x12cardstock.com so that I can flip through it and get just the right paper I need. They have a ton of beautiful colors. Just what we need.  I fanned this out so that you could see just a few.
                        Yummy right?

 
Anyway,  this post is just going to show some pictures listing the colors I used.


This first one is a card we will be doing in my upcoming Red Hen Roundup class. 
I used:  Mustard #71036
Rust #71071465
Latte #710503
And the inside has a piece of Vanilla #71041


This scrapbook page uses Dandelion #71037 and black.
I drew red lines on the Dandelion to copy the lines on Woody's shirt. 
Megan drew stripes on a shirt that she had to dye yellow in order to get the proper color for Woody's shirt, but here's a fact about my daughter who is a 
SUPER perfectionist. 
She got all done with the first shirt and when she buttoned it up she realized that she hadn't made the lines line up on the front. Could she say it was fine? Absolutely not! 
She bought another white shirt, dyed it the proper shade of yellow and did the lines all over again.
 I used: Dandelion #71037
and black


I often sit at night and practice coloring
 (I need lots of practice 😋)
I colored these flowers with alchohol markers during a practice session, then put them on a card base of Pine #71057 to complete a car,d. The greetings use white and Dandelion #71037.....love that color!


And finally I include the double page layout of the first day of nursery school for my little man. I love the picture Megan took of him in the classroom. 
He looks so small as he surveys his new world. He's going to be 8 years old next month and will be entering 3re grade. Where does the time go? 
These sweet times seem to fly by way too quickly. 
 All that to tell you that I used: 
Honeycomb #71560
for the background 
A well as: Denim #71073
and some black and white. 

That's enough from me. Time to head to my desk and create some more. 

Be sure and check out their site....
www.12x12 cardstock.com
Hint: The sample ring really helps.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment