The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Project 365 Day 217


Recently Megan asked me if I could help her make a fabric garland for her tree like the one I always put in mine. Today was the day and boy did we tackle it. I had a lot of fabric scraps to donate to the cause and we went to Joann's where she purchased some Christmas prints to add. I happened to overhear her talking with the lady at the cutting counter, and when she asked her what she was making, Megan told her that she was making a fabric garland for her tree---That there had always been one on her tree as she was growing up, and she wanted one for her own tree. It made me feel so good to know that there was this little thing from her childhood Christmases that she liked and wanted to carry on. I always did popcorn chains when the kids were young as well, and they ALWAYS complained about having to string the popcorn! Megan says she's not putting popcorn chains on her tree until she has kids that can do the stringing for her. Ahhh---Another tradition continues. Tracy hated it so much that I don't think I'll ever see popcorn chains on her tree. I must add here though, that I DID do much of the stringing myself---I just made them help.
Anyway---I snapped this picture of Megan while we were hard at work. It took us all day, but she now has a very long garland for her tree. There were still plenty of fabric scraps left when she was finished and I DID NOT want to store them up for some possible future project, so I just kept on working until I had used them up. Now I have another quite long fabric garland completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment