The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Note from an April Fool

 

Happy April Fools Day

I've been a bit lazy with my blog lately.  So sorry. I kind of checked out there for  bit but I promise to be better......No Foolin. 😘

I'm not much of a prankster but if any of you are, have fun today, but be safe and kind with your tricks. 

Today is also National Handmade Day and I choose to focus on that. I'm going to get to my desk and create, not that I don't do that nearly every day. 

Handmade Day was suggested by Amy Bierstedt of the From Scratch Farm website in 2017 and had its official celebration the following year, on April 7, 2018. In just a few short years, National Handmade Day has grown in popularity to include support from local shops as well as national companies, like Jo-Ann Fabrics.

Celebrated each year on the first Saturday in the month of April, National Handmade Day brings with it an ideal opportunity to show appreciation for those who are creative and inspirational with their handmade products. Instead of purchasing items that are mass-produced, take time on National Handmade Day to support local artisans with their handmade crafts. It’s a wonderful way to be more sustainable and supportive of the community..

When buying gifts, even things for myself, I love buying handmade items and supporting small business. I love giving and receiving handmade gifts as well. They just seem so much more personal and meaningful. 

Well, it's time to get to that desk but just one more thing. Today is also National Cent Day....Penny for your thoughts. 😁

2 comments:

  1. I love handmade items too! Each year it's my goal to make as many hand made gifts that I can. I start working on my Christmas gifts in January and work all year to make handmade items for family and friends. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree and I'm sure those gifts you give ate especially appreciated.

    ReplyDelete