The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

She Lives!

We'll doggone it!
I was doing so well keeping up with my postings. Then My First big event happened  (It was a success by the way, and I will share more later), life got hectic and I got sick. Apparently I somehow contracted the nurovirus. It was absolutely awful, but I'm on the mend now.
I have several things I want to post about, but for now I will just post this wonderful story that Stampin Up recently shared with us.  I found it quite heartwarming. Maybe you will too.

                           
Inspire
Paper Pumpkin in Unexpected Places
Paper Pumpkin in Unexpected Places
Several years ago, demonstrator Cheryl Hamilton brought some stamping supplies over to her mother-in-law’s house so the family could have some fun crafting. Her mother-in-law wasn’t interested and the supplies sat on the table for a few days until her nephew came to visit. Cheryl asked Abe, who has Down syndrome, if he’d like to make a card from her Paper Pumpkin kit. He dove right in and he didn’t stop until the entire kit was complete! He’s been hooked on Paper Pumpkin ever since.
His mom, Vicki, shares that, “Abe loves art and has always liked art classes. Because he is challenged in the area of fine motor skills, he would often get discouraged with his results. But when he started getting Paper Pumpkin, he was so proud of the great cards and crafts he could turn out! Paper Pumpkin is so foolproof and the results are guaranteed to be beautiful. So, he feels so successful and can't wait to get the next box!”
Cheryl says an unexpected bonus is she’s grown closer to her nephew because of Paper Pumpkin even though she lives in Hawaii and he in New Mexico. They send pictures and comments to each other on Facebook every month after the new kit comes out. She’s had some of her fellow demonstrators send him cards for his birthday, as well. What did he have to say about that? Pretty much what we all think: “It does make my heart feel so happy to get cards in the mail.”

Pretty cool, right?
Those of us who are part of Paper Pumpkin have so much fun with it, but with the great instructions and the supplies all included it makes a great box full of monthly fun for everyone, from beginners to experienced paper crafters. 

One of the things I love about this company is their efforts to support charities and it is a bonus to know that the little Paper Pumpkin boxes are reaching out to people all on their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment