The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

National Bikini Day

Today is National Bikini Day
 It marks the anniversary of its invention in 1946. Since its debut in Paris women have been hitting the beaches and pool sides in the revealing two-piece bathing suit. 

It was named after the Bikini Atoll, where the United States conducted atomic tests. By World War II, sunbathers in Europe had cast aside the chaste one-piece bathing costumes for simple two-piece bathing suits. However, nothing prepared the United States for the revealing bikini. The skimpy strips of fabric were seen as less than a women’s unmentionables and American’s sense of decency kept them from accepting the bikini until the 1960s. Today, the bikini comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, and fabrics. Designers expanded the style to flatter more body shapes, enticing more women to wear the fashion and throughout the summer, the bikini can be seen on beaches and pools everywhere.

So there's a bit of history about the bikini. Believe it or not, my history once included the bikini. Sadly though, those days are long gone. It's a beautiful day to be wearing a bikini and hitting the pool or the lake so you young girls don your bikinis and enjoy it. 

Coincidently July 5th is also National Hawaii Day which recognizes the 50th state to be granted statehood. Oh to be in Hawaii right now with a body appropriate to be wearing a bikini and enjoying a beautiful Hawaiian beach. Dream on old woman. 

1 comment:

  1. July 5th is also my father's birthday!!! Miss him and love him!

    ReplyDelete