The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Gimme Some Pizza

 Tomorrow is National Pizza Party Day. 

If there’s one thing that makes any day better it’s a hot slice of pizza shared among friends. The day was created to give people an excuse (like we needed one) to get together with a group of people we love and enjoy the rich cheesy taste of pizza. Pizza has a long history, and it has become one of the mainstays of office meetings, birthday parties, and friendly get-togethers.

In honor of  National Pizza Party Day, let me share some fun and some surprising facts about pizza!

:Western Europe is the biggest pizza market in the world, worth $54.4 billion, followed closely by America at $50.7 billion. You then have Latin and South America at $16.8 billion.

:Americans order 350 slices of pizza every second!

:The world’s most expensive pizza costs $9,200 and it can be found in Salerno, Sicily.

:61 percent of people prefer thin-crust pizzas.

:Women are twice as likely to order vegetarian toppings on their pizza compared to men.

:Saturday is the most popular night to eat pizza. But, there’s never really a bad night for eating pizza, right?

:You can order pizza from space – Yes, you read that right! Pizza Hut became the first restaurant to deliver a pizza to space, rocketing a pizza to an astronaut at the International Space Station. The pizza was topped with salami and extra spices because tastebuds are dulled in space.

:Pepperoni is the most popular pizza topping! The least popular are anchovies, chicken, and pineapple.

I LOVE pizza!! And I love pineapple on it! It's my favorite food. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, hot or cold, so guess what I'm having for tomorrow! Im here with Carol so we'll make it a "party" or two. 

There you go friends. Order your favorite pie and enjoy. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the red sauce on pizza!! lol I only like white sauce pizza!

    ReplyDelete