The Chicken Coop

I am a paper crafter. I've been playing with paper, and cutting and pasting for many years now and I still just love it. I teach classes each month and would love to have you.
You can find me at MyRedHen.blogspot.com and on Pinterest
or email me at MyRedHen4@yahoo.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Every now and then I have some cards or little treats available for sale that may be seen here.
My blog also contains my personal posts. Ignore them if you like, but you may get a kick out of them. Maybe my girls will read them one day and get insights into the inner workings of an old woman's brain....Scary Thought!
There is a list of labels on the right side of the blog, so you can click there to go to only the posts that you are interested in. That will allow you to skip the personal posts and any items for sale if you wish. No matter which way you choose, I hope will enjoy my little blog and visit often.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Maynard

So the prompt for today told me to write about this picture or give it a caption.

I should have a very witty caption, but the photo reminds me of the beach trips we used to have with church when I was in high school, and the fellow in the picture reminds me of a very dear friend whose name was Maynard. No...that wasn't his real name. The real one was Dennis. He was a crazy wonderful man and unfortunately I didnt appreciate him enough at that time. What silly, silly girls we were. If only we knew the right things to look for in a fellow while we were still young.

Anyway, life brought him back around a couple of years ago and I was able to spend a bit of time with him. After that, we had many long phone conversations. There would have been more to this story, but cancer took him from us not too long afterward.....Darn disease!
I look forward to having many laughs with him when I meet him on the other side one day. For now, there are many stories to tell of that time in my life and I'm sure I will end up sharing some of them. I'm just as sure that tales of Maynard will be among them.

Oh...and just to show you what a crazy guy he could be I will share this pic with you.
Then, here is one taken very shortly before he died. 
                So until later my dear friend...
                        Save a place for me. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment